nurses - registration vs letter of eligibility to register

Maruska

Hi,

I am new to the forum and I am actually not a Pom but I found so much usefull info here that I just had to join . I need some help of course;).

I am an RN with about 8 yrs experience, the last 4 years I`ve been working in the USA. We have 2 little kids 4 and 17 months. My husband is an RN too. We want to go to Australia on a permanent visa. I heard 176 takes less time than 175 so it seemed the way to go. However I found info that the state that sponsors you want nursing registration.

Anyone has experience that Letter of eligibility was enough for them or we would have to make a trip to AUS to actually get the registration?:arghh:

I haven`t even started yet, everything is so overwhelming:nah:.

Basically I have 2 ways to go:

1) IELTS - skills assessment -sponsorship application- visa application 176 and nursing registration

2) registration ( letter of eligibility) - modified assessment ( possible if I only have Letter of eligibility?) - visa application for 175 / don`t need IELTS bcs I have continuous paid employment history in USA and passed OET in the past/

Which one would you recommend ? Looking of course for the faster one:laugh:, also because my son will be 5 next year and we don`t want to switch schools when he just started.

Are any states processing applications faster than others (the AHPRA and state sponsorship)? Would really like to go to queensland but can do NSW as well :)

All advice is appreciated

Archived