Hard int it ?

skippy

We went through in 1970 what most of you are going through today, we left Sheffield & came to Sydney, because of someones mistake we were sent to Wollongong for the weekend and told we would be moved back in a couple of days, after seeing Wollongong we decided to stay as there was plenty of work at the time, Steelworks & coal mines & the beaches were perfect and no one on them.

I got very homesick as we didn't know anyone & it took me at least 3 years to settle down, I went back to Sheffield to visit my mother in 92 & wanted to come home to Oz after only 2 days.

Everything went wrong for us just before we left, the couple who were going to take over our house and furniture told us they were splitting up 2 weeks before our departure, so we had a problem on our hands, anyway we came to Oz with only 75 quid & 2 children under 4.

Today we have 3 married children, 8 grand kids, own our home and have a 30 foot yacht which we sail on Botany Bay, give things a chance to work out for you when you get here, if you have people here already it makes a big difference, good luck to all of you.

Guest Beki

Absolutely, thanks for that Skippy it sounds perfect!

You're living the happily ever after I'm dreaming about!

:D Beki :D

Guest scoop

Just the kind of posting we need to e reading. Thanks a lot for that Skippy.

Hope my journey is just as fruitful.

thanks again.

SCoop

x

:D

Guest The Kelly's

Skippy,

Thanks for the good advice and responding to our earlier posting, it really helps. Things seem abit daunting at times :shock:

But hey it sounds wonderful. 8)

Guest sparky

Hi Skippy

Great to hear it all worked out and hopefully we will all be enjoying a great lifestyle like yourself soon :P

Lisa,

Guest Missiemo

Hi Skippy

We leave for Melbourne in three weeks, and I am a bit scared, but you have helped heaps with your message, if you can make it work I am sure we can

many thanks

missiemo

Archived