Who Wants An Arm and Who Wants a Leg??

Candygirl

Guest guest59177

OW OW OW OW OW :cry:

I think it would be good to compare notes on this. Here's my costs where conversion from Pakistani rupees is done using the latest exchange rate of 97.0922:

IELTS - Rs. 13000 = 133.89 AUD

Visa Fee - 1575 AUD

Flight to AU - IOM provides subsides economy tickets on Emirates airlines at approx. Rs. 65000 per ticket = AUD 669.46

I'll be carrying just a suitcase and am planning to ship extra luggage through pre-booked cargo so hopefully it won't cost me too much. Also, these are all costs for a single person.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

seems alot for things, my wife paid £100 for her IELTS test and she paid almost half for her skills assessments and visa, but we went with Gomatilda who were brilliants and cheaper than other quotes. How many dogs have you got and ............ OUCH for you, you have paid out alot. All the best.

Sorry should have said the IELTS is for 2 tests at €186 each (cost in Spain) plus travelling and accommodation. 1st time to Malaga and 2nd to Barcelona.

Skills assessment is necessary as OH is not "a normal" case so he needs his skills assessed in order to obtain an AQF III. We are not using an agent to apply for the visa, we are doing this ourselves.

Visa fee is for a 475 Regional Sponsored for 2 of us. Cannot bargain with DIAC on this one, that's the fee listed on their website.

The quote for the 2 dogs Madrid-Dubai-Perth. This is the first one I have, so may be able to get a cheaper one. Quarantine has to be paid for, cannot shop around for that.

Flights are for 2 adults flying Madrid-Dubai-Perth.

Removals could be more or less once we know exactly what we are taking, but this was the rough figure I was given by an agent.

If anyone has any ideas of how I can "shave off" some money, please let me know.

Archived