Daughters Boyfriend to come with us !

SHANO7

Hi Everyone

Well our house is now OTM so we now wait. we are likely to book our tickets for Aug as we have to validate by September 8th.

We are 100% up for this even our Daughter who turned 18 in September last year.

We are in need of the PIO advice centre LOL.

Her Boyfriend whi is 21 this year wants to come over with us . They have been together just over a year but they seem smitten ( Honeymoon period ? Who knows). Anyway our Daughter has told him she is going so he wants to look into the process. So what can he/we do ?

I thought his best option was WHV and then extend it for a further 12 months when over but then on WDU revisted yesterday there was a family that are moving to Adelaide and the youngest lad has just got a GF. And they basically said she is coming with us.

Does anybody have any other ideas of how the BF can come over if he can in fact get added as our Daughter has a VISA albeit not validated.?

The other option is a few years down the line but that would be after citizenship. Oh yeah how many years is before you can apply for Citizenship I thought 4 but our agent said its still 2.

A few questions I know but asnwers would be very much appreciated.

Good luck to all those in Cat5 still waiting.

Shane

Guest Guest31881

The boyfriend will need to sort his own visa out, he cannot be added to yours as a dependent and he does not have a de facto relationship with your daughter. The WHV does seem the logical route at the moment.

Citizenship is 4 years with at least the last year being as a PR. Not much confidence in an agent who does not know the citizenship rules?

I think even the GF on WDU is going to be applying for a WHV for herself. I'd think it would be the route for your daughters BF and he'll need to make sure he gets that 3 months regional work out the way to do the extra year. Perhaps your daughter can go with him and they make it a 3 month working holiday together first before returning to live with you.

Research if them paying you rent etc will help their cause for further down the road and make sure they keep all their paperwork to show proof of address sharing, bill sharing etc. If and when a different visa can be applied for they'll have the paperwork trail in place.

Archived