Joiners In Oz

oldgit

Hi

I Am English And Currently Living And Working As A Carpenter In The Uk. In 2008 I Hope To Have My Permanent Residency Visa Granted And Then Move To Australia (port Macquarie, Nsw) With My Family. I Have English Qualifications As A Carpenter And Joiner Which Are An Appenticeship In The 1980s And More Recently Level 2 Nvq. I Understand That I Will Need A Blue Card (health And Safety ) To Allow Me To Work But Could You Please Tell Me What I Would Need To Do About My Qualifications As A Carpenter And Joiner Wanting To Work In Australia. Will I Need To Take Australian Exams/test To Allow Me To Work In My Trade Or Is There Somewhere In Australia I Need To Go To Get My English Qualifications Transfered Into An Australian Recognized Qualification? I Look Forward To Your Reply And Appreciate Any Help And Advice You My Be Able To Give Me.

Ps Ihave My Tra

With Kind Regards

Simon E Chew

Hi

I can advise you on the health and saftey issue as i've just asked the question to an Aussie friend of mine who is a carpenter in Sydney.Here's what he emailed me:

A blue card is a Queensland Occupational Health & Safety Induction Card but is not valid in NSW, the NSW equivalent is the Workcover OH&S General Induction Card, you may need this card to get onto some big work sites if ever need be, but dont worry, you just sit a course for half a day to get it and they usually give you the answers in the test.

Im a kitchen installer hoping to move to Sydney at the end of Jan but i will be doing private work so won't need this.

As far as your qualifications go,i'm not sure but i'm sure someone will on here.I'll ask my mate if he has any idea and i'll let you know if he comes up with anything.

Hi Simon My Name Is Tomo , I Am A Joiner / Cabinet Maker , With A Permanant Visa For Oz

As Far As I Nkow Joiners Dont Need Anything I Am Down As A Cabinet Maker , But I Have Asked The Same Questions As U And Was Told , Nothing Needed!!

I Know A Few Joiners In Oz And Joiners Who R Back From Oz If I Find Out 4 Defo I Will Let U Know .

From Tomo

Archived