Nice place to stay in Melbourne

Tea4two

Hey all

Thought i'd put a post on here about a nice place to stay in Melbourne as we found it hard finding somewhere (we were last minute though so Moving to Melbourne had nothing in our price range left).

We are staying at Bell City at the moment ... this comprises of basically two hotels...Rydges and Sleep and Go. We are in sleep and go at the moment which is more budget but fine for a couple...we have floor to ceiling windows, beautiful bathroom, desk area, small fridge, kettle, ironing board and iron. This cost us $500 for the week and we can extend week by week. There are a few minor things like the lifts not working but I can live with that.

We are moving to Rydges soon (the hotel next door but in the same complex) as they are more like apartments...they have a kitchenette area with sink, 2 hobs, microwave and they are more luxurious...we can book there for $550 per week all inc so long as we book 5 weeks or more. They really are a good option for a couple just while you get settled. They are north of the city but a tram ride away and it has a pool, cafes, restaurant and bar, gym.

I went on trip advisor before we came out and got confused as people were giving reviews on the two hotels under the same name so I didn't book Rydges because I thought we were going to be given a sleep and go room ... but I wish I had. I can't wait to get in the apartments next door as they're lovely.

Hope this helps someone x

I stayed at the George Powlett Apartments for a week or so in 2010. I don't recall them being great, but they're central. The location is in East Melbourne, near to the MCG, so you can easily walk into the CBD. I recall there being a basic kitchenette in the room, but can't be 100% sure.

The price is broadly similar to Bell City and Rydges, but probably not as nice a place to stay.

Archived