Police clearance question

ack

Just want to clear up something before we go to get it this evening....

Is it just for the last 10 years?? ( I know if you have spent a cummulative of 12months in another country you need to obtain one for there too; this doesn t apply to us...never left the place :) ]

Sorry I know also we need to provide ahistory of all address but my query is the police clearance just for 10 years...?

Thanks

From the DIAC website;

[h=2]Meeting the character requirement for temporary and permanent migration

[/h]For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you may be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the last ten (10) years since turning 16.

ok so I think I am right; I furnish them with every address but only need to get police clearance for the last 10 years :)

From the DIAC website;

Meeting the character requirement for temporary and permanent migration

For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you may be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the last ten (10) years since turning 16.

ok so I think I am right; I furnish them with every address but only need to get police clearance for the last 10 years :)

You are right Ack i just checked this with my agent as my OH was born in South Africa but left when he was 19 but its only checks for where you have lived in the last 10 years only...

Hi Millie...

did you have to get a police clearance from Northern Ireland? I ask because my husband is from N.Ireland (holds irish passport)but hasnt lived there since he was 24...hes now 42.

Do you think he needs to give- full address' lets just say from birth up to present and then police clearance for last 10 years. Giving full address' is fine covering his entire life is fine. He has been in the republic for all of the last 10. It will just be VERY ANNOYING if we have to go and get police clearance from north too

Do you think he also needs to get police clearance for his years in N.Irel when he was 16-24years old? Thanks Millie once again for your help

Hi Millie...

did you have to get a police clearance from Northern Ireland? I ask because my husband is from N.Ireland (holds irish passport)but hasnt lived there since he was 24...hes now 42.

Do you think he needs to give- full address' lets just say from birth up to present and then police clearance for last 10 years. Giving full address' is fine covering his entire life is fine. He has been in the republic for all of the last 10. It will just be VERY ANNOYING if we have to go and get police clearance from north too

Do you think he also needs to get police clearance for his years in N.Irel when he was 16-24years old? Thanks Millie once again for your help

No he wont need a separate certificate but he will need to give addresses and add them in the additional info section. There were three that I couldn't remember from many years ago so I just give approximate dates and streets / towns. I made a full statement about where I was born and where I lived the whole time I was there.

Hope this helps

Millie x

Brilliant! :mad:

I assume when you say in the additional info section- you did that on form 80??

We've already submitted that!

Starting to think flip it...if they ask we'll do it!

Don't worry you will be fine.

I mean the additional info of the police cert. As far as I recall it asks if you have ever lived in Northern Ireland so he just needs to elaborate on that at the back. Just state what you remember

Millie x

Don't worry you will be fine.

I mean the additional info of the police cert. As far as I recall it asks if you have ever lived in Northern Ireland so he just needs to elaborate on that at the back. Just state what you remember

Millie x

Ah perfect thanks Millie- that will be easy than so and makes perfect sense.

Have medicals tomo and have to attend garda station when the superintendent is there- he wasnt there this pm:confused:

One more Q Millie- when you did your medical did you have to do memory tests and the likes? I think Id be nervous and not remember the 3 words 3 minutes later!!

Archived