adelaide or perth?

jacquena

hi there i have recently posted asking what it is like to live in perth but our agent also said about adelaide i was just wondering what everyone else thought as we dont know, but we are a family of 4 with 2 young boys aged 5 and 3 and we would like it family friendly and things for them, we understand perth is lovely but exspencive what is adelaide like please?

Guest jonescl35

Both areas are family friendly the lifestyle is much more orientated to family. Perth is more expensive but this is due to the mining industry which also boosts the pay. I dont know what occupations you are in but as an example bar or cafe work in Perth pays around $18 - $20+ more skilled work more pay. I lived in Perth and think it has everything. Short mild winter, had to de ice car once in winter and often had winter day time temps comparable to UK summer day time temps which was funny jeans and t shirt at 1pm in winter is a common site, beaches, bush, parks, restaurants, bars, culture, scenery and it is in easy (for size of Oz) reach of many beautiful places to visit. There are also a lot of jobs available there depending on your game,.

I have not been to Adelaide for any length of time but it has less to do and is deemed by many australians to be boring, however with anywhere it has its fans. It is a lovely place but for me Perth is fab. All under one roof type place.

Do not worry about the money side so much as it is really well paid and all relative its pay is proportionately higher than here in relation to costs, if that makes sense. I mean the pay difference is higher that the cost of living difference when compared to UK.

I sound like an advert for Perth think wa gov should pay me ha ha. I am desperately trying to get back.

Good luck with decision and move.

Archived