Migrant Agent Fees for RSMS 119 Visa

spenner

Have just got an offer of sponsorship under the RSMS 119 system.

I'm in the UK and the job offer is in North Queensland and I wanted to use a local migrant agent there.

They've quoted me A$4840 (approx £3200) including GST for their services, is this a lot or par for the course.

Spenner

Have just got an offer of sponsorship under the RSMS 119 system.

I'm in the UK and the job offer is in North Queensland and I wanted to use a local migrant agent there.

They've quoted me A$4840 (approx £3200) including GST for their services, is this a lot or par for the course.

Spenner

Tell the agent that if you are not in Australia and you are not an Australian resident for taxation purposes then professional fees are GST exempt.

That aside, if the agent proposes to lodge a Decision Ready (DR) application the fee quoted fee seems reasonable. Under current processing priorities you could expect a decision on a DR application by return mail (more or less) and only registered migration agents can lodge them.

Tell the agent that if you are not in Australia and you are not an Australian resident for taxation purposes then professional fees are GST exempt.

That aside, if the agent proposes to lodge a Decision Ready (DR) application the fee quoted fee seems reasonable. Under current processing priorities you could expect a decision on a DR application by return mail (more or less) and only registered migration agents can lodge them.

wrussell, thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure if it is to be lodged as a DR, but I'm certainly going to ask the question.

Re the GST, I'd not heard this, just presumed it had to be paid. Don't suppose you have a link to webpage that confirms it so I can query it with them.

Cherrs again,

Spenner

wrussell, thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure if it is to be lodged as a DR, but I'm certainly going to ask the question.

Re the GST, I'd not heard this, just presumed it had to be paid. Don't suppose you have a link to webpage that confirms it so I can query it with them.

Cherrs again,

Spenner

Check the ATO website, it is there somewhere:

We obtained a private ruling from the (Fiscal Fiend, Commissar - select one)

From our costs agreement:

[TABLE=align: left]

[TR]

[TD=align: left] We estimate that it will take us xx hours to complete listed services for which our fixed professional fee, including retainer, will be $xxx not including GST, if applicable. We have a Private Ruling from the Australian Taxation Office under which payments made by our overseas clients do not attract GST.

In this business, it is not a good idea to make assumptions - the minister can change its mind overnight - disregard those who assert that 'minister' and 'mind' should not appear the same sentence.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Guest Jamie Smith
[TABLE=align: left]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]the minister can change its mind overnight - disregard those who assert that 'minister' and 'mind' should not appear the same [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

sentence.

Damn shame that it's easier to change one's mind than one's minister...:happy_face_vampire_

Archived