Form 80 - few questions I need help with.

ack

Hi guys,

Well we are almost ready to lodge - just filling out this form...errrrggghhh its soooo long!

Have a few queries I need your help with.

Q14 _____________Asks do you have national identy documents or numbers? And they need certified copies of originals.

So we have tax numbers- in ireland PPS numbers. WE have social security cards. Do we scan these and get them certified.

On our tax forms P60s it has this number so do we need to do this again???

Q16______________ Is looking for current residential address- to be certified

Again, would our tax socuments with our address on this not suffice??? It feels like we are duplicating stuff

PART C Q32-36_____ Asks: Are you travelling or did you travel to Australia with any other person(s)?

Since we dont know if we have visa we hve no travel plans yet...so how do we approach this q??

My husband who is the main applicant has been on holiday years ago to Aus, Ive never been. Im assuming this is different.

Finally in relation to all your previous holidays- jesus durnign the celtic tiger I cant recall everywhere I went ; how strict is this. Obviously places like US, Singapore I can rem as I have visa stamps, but places like Rome I cant remember dates as no stamp when travelling inside of europe.

Oh same for all preious employments since school- god in college Id a few cant recall ecat dates...errggh

Thanks for your help :)

Will try and help as I see it

q14 - Some countries have a national identity card. I suppose this is the equivalent of a national insurance card number or social social security number if you have one. In the case officer guidance they say you can scan colour documents or certify copies.

q16 Address - a colour bank statement or a colour utility bill or your tax docs will probably suffice. If they come back and ask them to be certified then do that.

q 32 Just list all the stamped ones, then whatever you can recall from the European travel. As far as I understand they are more interested in travel to unusual destinations than within Europe. Then just make a note to say that some of the older dates are approximate

Hope this helps

Millie x

Archived