Appyling for Nursery/ Pre-school on a 679 Visa!!

KJK88

Hi, my son is 3 and will be coming to Australia/sydney on a 679 sponsered family visiting visa (12 months)

Im just curious about weather he will be allowed to enroll at a nursery or preschool for the period of time we will be in sydney.

If anyone has experience or could help, would be very grateful :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shusselmann

Hi,

I don't have direct experience of this visa type but in Sydney preschools are mostly privately run centres. Like other highly populated cities in the world it can be difficult to get a place at short notice but if you can find a centre with a place and are willing to pay the fees you son will be able to attend. Fees may be from $50 - $110 per day depending on the hours the centre is open and the service they provide.

All the best.

I wouldn't think it would be a problem for him to be allowed - preschool/nursery/long daycare are user pays, although there is help with fees for PR and citizens. We are on a temp visa at the moment and have one at pre-school and one in school. The only thing I can think of is that if you are only wanting your lo to attend on an occasional basis you may struggle to find a nursery willing to hold a space open. It can be difficult to find a space, I have almost an hour round trip twice a day on the days that our daughter attends because there were no spaces at the centres near to where we live. It costs me $78 per day just for an idea of the costs involved.

Archived