STNI APPLICATIONS

Guest ANDY101

Guest ANDY101

Hi guys! Advice please!

My qualifications (Secondary School Teacher) have been assessed by NOOSR, and I have just sent off my application for registration with the relevant professional body. I hope to find out what happens next:

Is it the STNI application 1st,

or visa application to DIMIA?

or can I do both at the same time?

Also, at what point do you have to get medicals organised? Do they do it for you? Where can they be carried out? At what cost? Counsel gratefully received!!!!

Thanks

Andy

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi guys! Advice please!

My qualifications (Secondary School Teacher) have been assessed by NOOSR, and I have just sent off my application for registration with the relevant professional body. I hope to find out what happens next:

Is it the STNI application 1st,

or visa application to DIMIA?

or can I do both at the same time?

Also, at what point do you have to get medicals organised? Do they do it for you? Where can they be carried out? At what cost? Counsel gratefully received!!!!

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/html/

I can't help with your questions about the two types of visa and what order you should deal with applications for them in. I am involved with an application for a Family Stream visa, and know nothing about the various categories of skilled migration.

However, some things are common to all types of permanent migration, and these include the meds, the police and the rigmaroles for the visa to be granted, evidenced and then validates.

I assume that you are UK-based and applying from within the UK. The UK stuff about meds is on the Australian High Commission website in London. In addition to the list of Panel Doctors provided by Scoop, the medical forms are 160 (x-rays) and 26 (Panel Doctor's examination.) You will find both right at the end of the section marked, "Medical Information" on the page I have linked you to. (Keep scrolling - they are there, at the very end of the section!)

The Panel Doctor in Southampton recently charged my mother £140 for the medical, and the BUPA hospital charged £60 for the ex-rays. However, the price varies from doctor to doctor, so if you live somewhere where there are several PDs within a reasonable radius, it is worth ringing round and comparing prices. Ask them how long it takes to get an appointment, too, because that also varies from doctor to doctor.

For the Police, look on the website for your local Constabulary. You want the Subject Information Access section (or similar words.) I just rang up the general number for Hampshire Police, explained that I needed to get a police clearance for Australian Immigration, and was put through to Toby, in charge of the relevant section. He was a star. He e-mailed the form within an hour, so don't worry if you can't download it yourself.

Back on the AHC website, read the section on visa-evidencing nd validation, because that is essential later on in the process, and the more you understand at the outset, the better I have discovered.

The meds and the police check are only valid for 12 months, and it runs from the date on the EARLIER of the two. You can get them done without waiting to be asked to do so, but you have to be careful about the timing if you do that. The visa must be validated (by all the holders of it) within 12 months of the earlier of the Meds or the PCCs. Validated means setting foot in Australia, if only for a week, post grant and evidencing. If you get the meds & pccs done too soon, you may end up having to re-do them at the other end of the process.

Hope this helps anf if you have any queries, post them, becayse between us all, we can provide plenty of help. :)

Good luck

Gill

Guest ANDY101

Dear Gill and SCoop

Thanks for your replies! All the information will take some time to sink into my thick skull, but I'm slowly making sense of the processes!

Thanks again

Andy

Archived