Getting into IT Support / Helpdesk - Junior or Trainee

thom1980

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good xmas and new year.

I am looking at getting back into IT as 1st line support or 1st line helpdesk support.

I am currently enrolled in the Cisco Networking Acadamy to gain my CCNA which i do at weekends in Sydney but i lack enough hands on experience.

I have applied for numerous positions, too many to count now, but as i don't have 1-2+ years experience (which is being asked for even entry level roles?), no one will even give me a chance, which is all i need to prove myself.

After my CCNA, i will study for my MCSE.

I have even offered to complete work experience and offered my services for free to try and get somewhere but still no luck - still willing to do if opportunities will arise

I am willing to train myself and pay for my own training, i just need a position suitable to support my studies.

Does anyone know of anyone who may be willing to give someone a chance?

I am currently based on the Central Coast, but i commute to Sydney every day for work, so commuting to and from Sydney and as far north as the Newcastle area poses no trouble for me.

If anyone has any questions for me, please feel free to get in touch and will be happy to assist.

Regards

Thom

Archived