just a litte feeler

garetgax

Hi,

As we dont know which city to move to I thought Id ask the forum you have any pointers as to where I might have a better opportunity etc.

A bit about me Im 40 ive been in purchasing for the last 15/16 years. Ive worked as a buyer in various organisations from office products to electronics, also worked for Siemens power and more recently ive managed the facilities and engineering purchasing for a sub-contract firm to large manufacturing organisations.

Our shortlist for cities is Perth,Brisbane and Melbourne. So any of you out there know what my opportunities would be in oz and which city would be the best for both chances of getting a good position versus decent salary etc. Also what hours am I likely to end up working?

Sorry if its all a bit vague but just trying to get some ideas right now.

thanks

Graham

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Graham welcome to the forum. Personally I would think Melbourne or Brisbane would give you the most opportunities.

Thanks, kind of confirmed what I thought. Anyone from a procurement/facilities management background give me an idea of what sort of salary id be looking at in either city?

I like melbourne more than brisbane but queensland do support nurses well and the weathers better. Im also under the impression that getting a 3/4 bed house would prob cheaper brisbane than melbourne? dont really want to have a long commute etc but will be renting for at least the first year or so till we can save enough for a mortgage as wont be selling the house in the uk at the moment etc so its going to be a balance between rent and commute times etc.

Thoughts/comments guys?

Archived