what is Benowa like for a family, what is Benowa Primary like??

anlopa

Hi All,

We will be arriving at Brisbane airport on the 9th of Feb :biggrin:and are looking in to areas to live on the Gold Coast. I have a job to go to in Carrara (yippee):notworthy::jiggy: and I am looking at areas to settle I have been looking at Benowa. I need an area with a good state primary school, family friendly. I think we will be booking in to Ashmore palms holiday village for the first week or 2 and then looking from their. I just wish we could put this money in to a rental but never mind. one of the joys of moving around the world.:err:.

Thank you in advance.

Guest pinksuedeshoes

My friend lives in Benowa (Benowa Waters- beautiful and I never even knew it was there!) and loves it. She walks/cycles/scoots! to the Botanic Gardens with her kids all the time and there is a park for them to play on etc...

There seems to be a nice group of shops there too. They rave about the bakery!

If you want to compare schools, there is a website called My School. You can compare schools by Naplan results if you are interested in that side of things. That is the Aussie version of SATS. Benowa seems to do fine. It looks like they are average compared to all schools (that includes Private schools too).

I am a teacher so I can do some asking around with more established colleagues if you would like?

My friend lives in Benowa (Benowa Waters- beautiful and I never even knew it was there!) and loves it. She walks/cycles/scoots! to the Botanic Gardens with her kids all the time and there is a park for them to play on etc...

There seems to be a nice group of shops there too. They rave about the bakery!

If you want to compare schools, there is a website called My School. You can compare schools by Naplan results if you are interested in that side of things. That is the Aussie version of SATS. Benowa seems to do fine. It looks like they are average compared to all schools (that includes Private schools too).

I am a teacher so I can do some asking around with more established colleagues if you would like?

Oh thank you that would be great if you could. Gosh emigrating is stressful

Guest pinksuedeshoes

My friend's response about Benowa school is "A Great School! Good reputation".

So you have nothing to worry about there.

Don't stress too much. Carrara is really easily accessible from most areas on the Gold Coast. Once you have landed, you will have the opportunity to look at lots of places and renting a house gives you the freedom to continue looking round and seeing where you really want to settle. If you need any help with anything, just send me a message. Always happy to help x

• 2 years later...
Hi All,

We will be arriving at Brisbane airport on the 9th of Feb :biggrin:and are looking in to areas to live on the Gold Coast. I have a job to go to in Carrara (yippee):notworthy::jiggy: and I am looking at areas to settle I have been looking at Benowa. I need an area with a good state primary school, family friendly. I think we will be booking in to Ashmore palms holiday village for the first week or 2 and then looking from their. I just wish we could put this money in to a rental but never mind. one of the joys of moving around the world.:err:.

Thank you in advance.

hi, been looking at places on the Gold Coast too, Benowa looks lovely, did you move there after if so how are you finding it ? We are living in Adelaide at the moment but hope to relocate after Christmas.

Thanks

clare

Archived