Hi...new and seeking advice about room renting in Sydney.

JamesL

Hi All,

Me and my fiancee are potentially moving to Sydney in the next 3-6 months and would like some advice on monthly apartments to rent.

I've noticed that most places do rent by the week, but does anyone know of respected accommodation companies in Sydney that do rent by the month?

Any advice, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

Guest Guest31881

Hi James,

Welcome to PIO. I have moved your post to the "Renting & Real Estate" forum, hopefully you will get more answers on this thread.

Guest Guest31881

The weekly rent rates you see are for comparison and as Alaska said most will be a 6 month lease and you arrange to pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly. A lot of members when they initially arrive use holiday accommodation for the first few weeks until they can find a suitable rental. Agents will not be willing to deal with you until you arrive in Australia and you are available to view properties in person. Always remember, no matter how nice an agent is to you, they are working for the owner and not you:wink:.

Guest debbie67

Hi James - issue of renting!! Firstly the weekly rent has an small amount added on so a month is more than 4 X weekly rate (not much but counter it in) shop well for some temp apart/hol accomodation usually about 600 aud per week. Also when you see something you want to rent, you have to put in an application with references etc... so be ready. Also if you can get list before you get here you will know when the properties are available for viewing, i.e when the open days are , some of the real estate agents are reluctant to set up individual appointments so bear that in mind. And remember you ahve to apply for each property ... also the real estates wont even respond until you in country so put it on your top of jobs to do list you can do other things around open days then (no one explained this to me beofre I got here so hope it helps )

Hi James - issue of renting!! Firstly the weekly rent has an small amount added on so a month is more than 4 X weekly rate (not much but counter it in) shop well for some temp apart/hol accomodation usually about 600 aud per week. Also when you see something you want to rent, you have to put in an application with references etc... so be ready. Also if you can get list before you get here you will know when the properties are available for viewing, i.e when the open days are , some of the real estate agents are reluctant to set up individual appointments so bear that in mind. And remember you ahve to apply for each property ... also the real estates wont even respond until you in country so put it on your top of jobs to do list you can do other things around open days then (no one explained this to me beofre I got here so hope it helps )

Thanks Debbie67. Is there any estate agents you would recommend using or staying away from? and what kind of references did you have to get if you hadn't been in the country for that long?

Archived