Australia To Spain

LojaChica

Why are you going to Spain? They are having serious problems with their economy right now, so bad people are leaving there in droves to go to Angola, Brazil, Australia and Argentina. If you have a well paid job there - well done to you, it will be great and a relatively good time though to buy a house there.

Seriously though I can see Spanish woes getting worse in 2012 and 2013, which is a crying shame as it is an excellent country. I lived there some time ago for 4 years, love the place.

Buying the house will not be the problem now it's a different matter if you want to sell, I was one of the fortunate one's I managed to sell my 2 properties in the canaries and had to succumb to a PX on the last Villa for a second property in the UK, tough times!!!..

Hi All

Sorry if this is in the "wrong section" BUT wasn't quite sure where to post!

Just wondered if anyone out there is at a similar chapter in their lives?

We are moving from Sydney to Spain mid 2012!

Best of British to you!!! You will definitely need it!!

5 things to be aware of:

Hidden taxes

Assesorias

The corrupt Police

No NHS there or Medicare if you don't work you pay and don't let anyone convince you that your E111 will cover you under the NHS.

Banks (banks can freeze your money if you are in dispute regarding bills and you will not have access to it until the matter is resolved)

Not trying to put you off, but think carefully before you jump from the fat into the fryer...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived