Recruitment Angencies - Working Holiday Visa Friendly - Sydney

Cruz

Hi guys,

I've been living in Sydney for the past month (loved every minute of it so far....really is a beautiful place), and now looking for work. I've spoken to quite a few recruitment agencies this week (many of which have said things are pretty slow job wise until mid January / early February)

However, the employers of many of the jobs I've applied for (customer service, retail banking, data entry, admin etc) have not taken my application any further once I tell them I'm on a working holiday visa.

Does anyone know of any good recruitment angencies within Sydney that maybe able to find me work, even though I'm on a 417 visa?

Thanks

Guest dreamstate83

I am in the exact same boat! I came to Australia mid December on a working holiday visa from Florida (USA). I have applied at over 35 different jobs between then and now, and the response is always along the lines of "You are perfectly qualified for this job but unfortunately we are looking for someone with permanent residence at this time". The disheartening part of it is that I am applying for jobs that are contract based and would be expired/finished well before the 6 month employment limit is even reached.

Australia is such a beautiful place, but I just don't know if I'll be able to do much other than fly back to USA for plan B :/

Archived