newie, where to start?

Guest erma

Guest erma

hi everybody, found this forum last night and i am hooked. After years of dreaming about moving to oz we have decided to take the bull by the horns (or is that the kangeroo by the tail?!) and go for it.

Any advice on where to start asap, i am a 41 year old nurse my husband is a 42 year old plumber/gas fitter does any one see any major stumbling blocks due to our ages?

Which agency?? there seems to be quite a few out there. cannot wait to start process any help at all would be really really really welcome

cheers Erma

Guest Beki

Hi and welcome Erma,

You're in the right jobs and you're still young enough. Phone around agencys or you could have a go at doing it yourselves.

My husband is a plumber/gas fitter and I'm a teacher, we're going in on a skilled independant visa with hubby as main applicant. The first thing we did was to get his skills recognised by TRA (Trade Recognition Australia). Lots of form filling and evidence to collect!

Good luck, where do you think you'll end up?

:D Beki :D

Guest erma

hi Beki

thanks for reply

most prob. Queensland. we are hoping to holiday over there next year to check it out but wanted to get ball rolling on application first.

i have an aunt in Nanango and hoping to visting her (only met once years ago so hope everything goes ok)

Brisbane looks good

cheers Erma

Guest dobbin74

Hi erma

My wife and I are going for the skilled visa and looking at brisbane as well. I am a joiner and my wife is a nuse,we are applying in her name because they are crying out for nurses.

We are using concept australiain manchester ,we had a face to face talk with them for about 1 and a half hours and they explained everything. They said it takes about a year for everything to get sorted.

Never been to australia before so you will have to keep us posted if you go and visit.

ps are you taking children with you?

Guest erma

hi dobbin74

perhaps we`ll see you out there you never know!

not taking any kids. ours are 17 years and 21 years and neither want to move to australia, the 17 year old doesn`t even want to come on holiday 5 weeks on his own with parents is a daunting prospect!! and the eldest is house hunting.

so its been a hard decision to make but i think we have got to give it a try and you never know they may change their minds

how about you, you taking kids?

Guest claireand bob

Hi, i am a nurse and got my visa today.

I used an agent for the application for but did the skills assessment myself. I found it straight forward.

I also used concept australia, they are very knowledgable and have a grat deal of experience.

I you want to ask anything feel free

Claire

Guest forshac

:D Hi welcome to the site..

We used an agent called - Ian Harrop & Assc, they are very good!

He used to work for the immigration in Oz and really know's his stuff.

Good luck :D

Guest PlatOz
:D Hi welcome to the site..

We used an agent called - Ian Harrop & Assc, they are very good!

He used to work for the immigration in Oz and really know's his stuff.

Good luck :D

You just posted what I was going to suggest, did you use 'Zeno' at Ian Harrop because he used to work for the the Australian Immi Dept but I thought he had moved to Perth now!.

My advise for the O/P is to go through a good agent such as the above or Darrell Todd at thinkingaustralia http://www.thinkingaustralia.com You could do the whole thing on your own but this involves lots of stress and you have to get the application done perfectly.

What ever way you decide I wish you luck with it all

Tony

Guest dobbin74

how about you, you taking kids?

Hi erma

Taking Hannah 13 and Jacob 11.But they are not very HAPPY about it.

Guest erma
Hi, i am a nurse and got my visa today.

I used an agent for the application for but did the skills assessment myself. I found it straight forward.

I also used concept australia, they are very knowledgable and have a grat deal of experience.

I you want to ask anything feel free

Claire

hi claire

well done :) do you mind me asking what are you doing about a job in oz? have you got a job? looking for a job? or waiting till you get there? id you consider a nursing agency to relocate?

erma

Guest erma

thanks to everyone for info on agencies, looking at details and comparing

DOBBIN74 hope your kids come round to your way of thinking

erma

Guest scoop
Hi, i am a nurse and got my visa today

Well done you :D:D

I am a nurse too, what was your time line hun?

Good luck with the move.

SCoop

x

Archived