Car hire in Perth and Reccie in February - would like to meet up

zoe1922

Hi,

We are going over to Perth staying in the Rockingham area in February. I was wondering if anyone knew of a decent car hire place? Our flight arrives at 1.15am on 13 Feb and it seems that a lot of the car hire places at the airport are closed at that time. I also priced up a sat nav with the car and it was £185!!! -- I think it might be cheaper to buy a second hand sat nav off Ebay, as someone else has suggested on here before.

We will be there until 1 March, and would like to meet up with anyone in a similar position to us. We have two children, our son is 15 and our daughter will be 14. As they are teenagers it is a bit more difficult thinking about emigrating, so if there are any kids there of a similar age it would really help them to meet you! We got our 176 visa's for WA in August and are validating them in Feb. Let me know if you will be in the Perth area in Feb and are in a similar position to us, or if you have already made the move we would love to hear from you.

:daydreaming:

Zoe

Hi Zoe

We go to Perth on 11th Feb to validate our 176, which we got in September and return on 29th Feb. We have 3 children boys 16 & 12 and girl 16mths. We are staying in Butler but will be spending time SOR as think thats where most of hubbys work may be. Our children are not exactly same age but would be happy to meet up.

Hi, I live in Perth and have used Bayswater car rentals ('No Birds' is their advertising slogan, which may be what Stevie was referring to) a few times. I think they're one of the cheapest too - overall, they provde a good service. Think their cars cost about $38 per day if you upgrade the insurance cover, otherwise it's $33 per day,

Hi,

We are going over to Perth staying in the Rockingham area in February. I was wondering if anyone knew of a decent car hire place? Our flight arrives at 1.15am on 13 Feb and it seems that a lot of the car hire places at the airport are closed at that time. I also priced up a sat nav with the car and it was £185!!! -- I think it might be cheaper to buy a second hand sat nav off Ebay, as someone else has suggested on here before.

We will be there until 1 March, and would like to meet up with anyone in a similar position to us. We have two children, our son is 15 and our daughter will be 14. As they are teenagers it is a bit more difficult thinking about emigrating, so if there are any kids there of a similar age it would really help them to meet you! We got our 176 visa's for WA in August and are validating them in Feb. Let me know if you will be in the Perth area in Feb and are in a similar position to us, or if you have already made the move we would love to hear from you.

:daydreaming:

Zoe

Hi Zoe, Me and Sue are over from the 1st until the 18th for the same reasons. One of my old friends runs a recruitment agency and he is going to try and set some interviews so i may not return to the UK if something comes up!

We used argus car hire they had the best deal when we searched and we have just downloaded the Australian map onto our TomTom which cost about £50.00 off there web site.

Good luck with you future plans and I hope your children take to it like ducks to water.

Gary & Sue

Archived