Drop our Vic State Sponsorship ???????

gkcm05

We are CAT 5 and going nowhere fast ... it has been reccommended to us to drop our Victoria State Sponsorship (that we have) and to try WA as hubby's trade is still on there list ...which will result in us being moved to Cat 3. Now here is where I'm at... I have no want to live or go to WA (having been in australia on and off for over 10 years)... I know exactly where I want to be in Vic and a full network of friends and family there...I am aware that it is only a moral obligation to live in WA so my question is ... do I do the right thing and stick with CAT 5 and just see what will be will be ...or do I go for WA, to get Cat 3 and hopefully GET my visa (knowing full well that I have no intention of being in WA)!!!!

Also, what happens ...if we do it (get CAt 3 on the back of a WA application and eventually get a VISA) .... can we just fly into Victoria and no more about it... or do we need to go to WA first????? Anyone know???

Thanks for reading!!!!

Guest nomadinusa

I think there's this huge misconception going around that its not LEGALLY binding to live in the state which has sponsored you. It really beats my logic bcoz after a few years when the applicant will eventually go to get his/her citizenship then DIAC will ask "Why didnt you live in the state which gave you sponsorship?"..What will be the answer at that point.

Your hubby's trade is on WA's list bcoz they need people in WA and not in Vic!!

It's a moral choice it depends how desperate you are to get to oz. personally I think your taking someone else's place but If you can live with it morally that's your choice. And you won't get asked when you go for citizenship , so don't let that put you off either.

Loving Fremantle!

Archived