Update - 5 weeks in

andy228

Well that's over 5 weeks since I came to Australia for the first time with my partner and our young son, and so far so good! I'm settling in very well at work (diesel mechanic), guys there are great to work with. Being from Scotland, its always nice to meet other Scots, there one other scottish mechanic, the guy who sells tools is also scottish.

So far I've managed to get a brand new car, a mobile phone and a rental, all with no hassle. Being here on a 457, I expected it to be very difficult to get a start, but first I got a mobile contract, then we secured the house we applied for after only 3 days, also managed to but a brand new car too. Reading some other peoples experiences on here made me think this would be difficult but hey I must be lucky!

We're now living in Tarneit, lovely big house with a big back garden, perfect for my little boy to run about in. Lovely area too, only thing is the streets look similar, so we have been lost a few times tryin to find our house lol The weathers been nice too, a few rainy days but now the sun looks as if its starting to stay out for longer. Theres plenty to do in Melbourne, we can't wait to get out and about now that we have car. Must say that having a car makes life a whole lot easier!

Overall the 3 of us are very very happy with our decision, all the stress of getting settled has now gone, time to work hard then relax at the weekends. Melbourne is a wonderful place, when I'm driving to work, I can see the city skyline in the distance and it looks stunning. I would recommend the move to Melbourne to anybody, as long as you put all the effort you have into it then the rewards are amazing!

Thanks, Andy :biggrin:

Archived