Going out with a bang?

Guest Anita

Guest Anita

Hi,

I'm probably being a little forward thinking given that we've not yet got our visa's but......was just wondering how people were going to say goodbye to family & friends? Do you think a big party is the way to go? Small intimate goodbye's or maybe just slipping away quietly...and then sending a postcard!

Any thoughts on this?

Anita

Guest mandymoo

Hi Anita,

Personally, me and my husband think a big party, plenty of drink and boogieing the night away!!!!

Have a good one whatever you decide to do.

Amanda

Guest choobs
Hi,

I'm probably being a little forward thinking given that we've not yet got our visa's but......was just wondering how people were going to say goodbye to family & friends? Do you think a big party is the way to go? Small intimate goodbye's or maybe just slipping away quietly...and then sending a postcard!

Any thoughts on this?

Anita

We have mixed feelings. Ideally we'd like to take off and nuke the place we currently live from orbit - it's the only way to be sure :) I think we're going to do some visiting and make individual au-revoirs. I think a big party with everyone there would be too much, emotionally.

Choobs

Guest Beki

I agree with you Choobs. The party would be fine for us, (apart from the emotions involved with seeing friends and family for possibly the last time or for a while anyway) because we've got something to look forward to. For everyone else it's a bit like rubbing their noses in it. :(

Have a party when you get there, it might be a bit sparse of friends and family but thats the bit you're celebrating...starting afresh.

Guest Nelson

We're hiring an Oom Pah Band, buying couple barrels of local ale and serving bread and butter. We've done it before and it's fantastic fun whether you're 5 or 85 or anywhere in the middle! :lol:

Guest Anita

Thanks for all your replies. We really fancy having a party because it would otherwise take far too long to get round everyone to say goodbye. We don't really plan on returning to the UK very often (if at all) so the only way we'll get to see anyone again is if they visit us for a holiday.

Lets hope we all get the ok for a party soon!

Anita x

Archived