HELP - where to start!!!!

Guest kazzie

Guest kazzie

Hi,

Any help and advise you can give me would be great.

My partner and I want to move to Sydney next year - I am not on the skilled list (I am a print production manager) but my fella is (technical comms)

His current company have an office in Sydney so he is looking to see where he stands with being sponsored - if he can get sponsored does this mean that the company will arrange everything and I will just go as his partner?

If he cant get sponsored, where do we start with visa applications etc - its all so confusing and stressful!

Also - as we haven't lived together that long, how do we prove that we are a couple? Would it be better/easier to be married????

Thanks soo much

Kaz xxxxx :lol:

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi,

Any help and advise you can give me would be great.

My partner and I want to move to Sydney next year - I am not on the skilled list (I am a print production manager) but my fella is (technical comms)

His current company have an office in Sydney so he is looking to see where he stands with being sponsored - if he can get sponsored does this mean that the company will arrange everything and I will just go as his partner?

If he cant get sponsored, where do we start with visa applications etc - its all so confusing and stressful!

Also - as we haven't lived together that long, how do we prove that we are a couple? Would it be better/easier to be married????

Thanks soo much

Kaz xxxxx :lol:

Hi Kazzie

Try clicking on this link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books_migrate.htm

It looks ot me like you need to download and read Boolets 1, 5 & 6.

I found it easier to read the Booklet before I tried to wade through the main web-pages as well. The DIMA website is very good indeed and should answer a lot of your questions.

Or you could get some preliminary advice from a Registered Migration Agent but if you choose that option do make sure that you use one who is registered with the MARA (Migration Agents Registration Authority) and is also a Member of the MIA (Migration Institute of Australia or something like that.) You can check on the MARA website to see whether a particular agent is currently registered or not.

Several will give preliminary advice by e-mail, for free. Others provide an on-line assessment form and so on.

Hope this helps to get you on your way.

Good luck

Gill

Archived