Job Offer - Office Manager ENSOL

Tasmas

Hi

After spending nearly 3 years in Oz my head is full of visa's and useless information that never gets me anywhere :cry:

We came on a student visa (Hairdressing), I am now on a bridging visa awaiting a Graduate Visa (transitional arrangements). However, whenever I go for a job and my visa status gets checked immi tell prospective employers that it's not a definite that I will get a Graduate visa and may be asked to leave the country in 28 days if notified of a rejection. Considering those on a student visa were given the opportunity to gain a graduate visa to gain employment and skills to enable us to apply for other visas I'm a bit pee'd off that they screw up any chance I have of gaining employment.

I have been on a Bridging Visa for over a year. After a year of trying to find work in regional Queensland we have moved to Melbourne to increase opportunities, 12 weeks in and I have a job offer of an Office Manager type role. I have experience of Office/Admin in the UK.

My question is: Office Manager is not on the 457 list but is on the ENS list. So, I need a diploma to get an ENS (is this right), shall I take the job and hope they don't check my immi status, approach the boss after I've been there a few months (and made a good impression) and ask him to sponsor me, whilst also doing the diploma at home.

Any advice greatly appreciated :cute:Tra

Tracy x

• 2 weeks later...

It is quite unusual for a role to be on the ENSOL list but not the 457 visa list, are you 100% sure about that?

If it isn't and the employer won't employ you on the bridging visa, then you would need to get a positive skills assessment as an office manager and demonstrate at least three years experience in that capacity in order to get an ENS visa. Will you be able to do that?

Another visa possibility is the RSMS visa. No occupation lists for this one, but you would need at least a diploma for it. If you don't have the diploma then the visa won't be granted, studying for it whilst working isn't going to cut it.

Hopefully that graduate visa will come through soon.

Thanks for replying Rupert. Office Manager is definately NOT on the 457 list but it is on the ENSOL list. I already have the job and start in January. I'm looking at visas I can get when I do approach the company for sponsorship. I live in Melbourne so the RSMS is not an option. It is my intention to complete a Diploma in Business Admin and I can get references to prove I covered the job description of an Office Manager in the UK.....I think this may be enough. But i'm not 100% sure......lol....can we ever be?!!

Archived