Primary School

Guest mk020502

Guest mk020502

Hello,

We are moving to Perth next month on 457 visa.We are looking to live around CBD area.

I liked Highgate primary school for my daughter. Can anyone guide is that school good ? If not which is a better option?

Thanks.

Hello,

We are moving to Perth next month on 457 visa.We are looking to live around CBD area.

I liked Highgate primary school for my daughter. Can anyone guide is that school good ? If not which is a better option?

Thanks.

From a demographics point of view it features highly in the socio-economic index but it's results aren't great, it also has 64% of students who don't have english as a first language. If you like it then go for it. Sometimes it isn't about results but about your gut feel for the school.

Guest Guest55385

Yes, I can recommend pretty much every school on the west side of Perth. We're based in Subiaco and have been here a week today. We've looked around 8 schools now: Subiaco Prim, Nedlands, Hollywood, North Cottesloe, City Beach, Kapinara and now Freshwater Bay (East Claremont) and Wembley. Use the http://www.myschool.edu.au/SchoolSearch.aspx website to look at results but make sure you scroll to the bottom & click on 'results in graphs' to see what % of chidlren were tested. Some schools have high results IE 1230/1000 (1000 = mean) but only 75% of pupils were tested etc.

I have myschool'd about 150 schools now and plotted the top 20 into an excel spreadsheet to give myself a rough idea. What I have discovered is, there appears a link between affluency, language at home, attendance rate and performance. Of course this speaks for itself. I've also discovered schools on the west far outweigh those in any other area, except Fremantle.

So stick to the west of perth - only 2-3 stops out of the CBD and costs $2.60 to get in on the train :) Msg me if you want

Hi Everyone!!

I just got my visa last week and now I dont know what to do first.

I have been looking for school for my daughter (she is 12). But I have found it quite hard. Does anybody know if I should do this once I arrive in Perth?

Could my daughter start the school on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th term?

Which are the best schools in perth? any suggestion?

What happens with those students who are not from an English speaking country? (We are from Colombia)

Another thing that I have been thinking of is Where is a good place to live, I mean I am looking for a place close to the CBD, not too expensive, with good schools close and safe.

If anybody can help me with this information I appreciate it so much.

Thanks,

Diana Villescas:biggrin:

Archived