Money from the uk?

holsop22

Hi all,

is there a way to send a small amount of uk pound say about £200 to my aussie account without incurring the phenomenal bank charges?

My mom wants to send my girls money for xmas but her bank wants to charge her £30 for the transaction!!!!

Any help appreciated.:smile:

cheers Rachel.

Guest The Pom Queen

Moneycorp do small transfers so it may be worth asking John, otherwise how about PayPal, I know they have fees but shouldn't be that much, or they could order something online from Oz.

Hi all,

is there a way to send a small amount of uk pound say about £200 to my aussie account without incurring the phenomenal bank charges?

My mom wants to send my girls money for xmas but her bank wants to charge her £30 for the transaction!!!!

Any help appreciated.:smile:

cheers Rachel.

Hi, Used this company a few months ago to pay our deposit for the 1st months let, very quick and no charge for 1st payment.....

http://www.orbitremit.com/uk/

Gary

Moneycorp are great for chunks of cash to Australia and free transactions if you open a National Australia Bank account ( Not sure if this deal is still running)

I'm just investigating paypal for sending monthly sums back to UK bank accounts. Apparantly this is much cheaper than any high street bank .

Archived