417 help - accidentally not adhered to the visa conditions

Guest sus212

hi,

i started working with my company in March on a 417 and then after 6 months i talked with my boss, my recruitment agency and they told me I could stay with them by changing agencies. I had looked at the printed information for the visa conditions and never thought to check the website or further conditions - mainly because I thought the technicality that my employer was really the agency not the place I go to work to would be fine, and then both the agency and my work seemed fine with things too. So now I have looked into it and realise that it isn't allowed, I would quite happily go there tomorrow and tell them i need to leave if it weren't for the fact that they are in the process of offering me a permanent job and offering me 457 sponsorship! I can't believe that this has happened as I thought my work and the agencies would know better! And now, I don't know whether to just be ignorant of this (i'm sure it will come up in my 457 application) or discuss with everyone tomorrow? Any advice or ideas? I did have a 2 week holiday before moving agencies but don't think that helps and I also don't know how much immigration office would care about this as it's not exactly obvious on the paper visa otherwise I would have blooming noticed!

hi,

i started working with my company in March on a 417 and then after 6 months i talked with my boss, my recruitment agency and they told me I could stay with them by changing agencies. I had looked at the printed information for the visa conditions and never thought to check the website or further conditions - mainly because I thought the technicality that my employer was really the agency not the place I go to work to would be fine, and then both the agency and my work seemed fine with things too. So now I have looked into it and realise that it isn't allowed, I would quite happily go there tomorrow and tell them i need to leave if it weren't for the fact that they are in the process of offering me a permanent job and offering me 457 sponsorship! I can't believe that this has happened as I thought my work and the agencies would know better! And now, I don't know whether to just be ignorant of this (i'm sure it will come up in my 457 application) or discuss with everyone tomorrow? Any advice or ideas? I did have a 2 week holiday before moving agencies but don't think that helps and I also don't know how much immigration office would care about this as it's not exactly obvious on the paper visa otherwise I would have blooming noticed!

From what you have posted, I expect that an experienced migration agent would be able to get you out of this.

Archived