457 to Perm

Guest Helaine

Guest Helaine

Can anyone help with the answer to this question, if we are going to oz on a 457, how long is it before we can apply for a PR ? its just that i would feel far safer knowing that we can stay forever rather than just 4 years.

also the benifits of the perm visa such as house buying, medicare etc.

Guest billy braveheart

Hi Helaine

We arrived on a 457 visa in August & applied for 856 perm visa in September, we have been told it will take 7-9 months approx.

Janette

Guest Kathryn
Can anyone help with the answer to this question, if we are going to oz on a 457, how long is it before we can apply for a PR ? its just that i would feel far safer knowing that we can stay forever rather than just 4 years.

also the benifits of the perm visa such as house buying, medicare etc.

Hi Helaine,

There are various options which may be available to you. The most obvious one that comes to mind to me is the Employer Nomination Scheme. You need to work in Australia for two years before you can be eligible. Please see Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

Regards,

Hi Helaine,

There are various options which may be available to you. The most obvious one that comes to mind to me is the Employer Nomination Scheme. You need to work in Australia for two years before you can be eligible. Please see Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

Regards,

You can also apply for a visa under the ENS if you can secure a skills assessment in an occupation on the ENSOL and have been working in that occupation for the last 3 years. No need to wait for 2 years in that circumstance ...

Best regards.

Archived