carpenter/joiner

Nohea

Hi

So i've got my medical next tues in manchester, police checks submitted etc. so hopefully won't be long now.

I'm wanting to book a reccie for next easter but not sure where to book flights to. Where would be the best place to go for a joiner/carpenter and his family? Not sure what work is like at the moment out there and not been on here for while so abit out of touch.

Any suggestions on which states are good for work at the moment and which aren't the best.

Any suggestions and tips much appreciated.

Thanks, Nohea :biggrin:

I was looking on jobs websites yesterday and Sydney had 48 , Melbourne 36 and Brisbane 2 carpentry positions . I'm in Brisbane and one guy I spoke to last week had 40 phonecalls for one job. Google carpentry jobs in aus and you'll get a better idea . There seems to be a fair bit of regional work about though . WA seems busy aswell . Good luck with your search .

I was looking on jobs websites yesterday and Sydney had 48 , Melbourne 36 and Brisbane 2 carpentry positions . I'm in Brisbane and one guy I spoke to last week had 40 phonecalls for one job. Google carpentry jobs in aus and you'll get a better idea . There seems to be a fair bit of regional work about though . WA seems busy aswell . Good luck with your search .

Thanks Micky i'll have a look. Wasn't sure if it was same as the uk or not where jobs aren't advertised, more word of mouth and through contacts. A few people that i know that have moved over haven't had any problems getting work straight away but none of these are recent.

Archived