What is frontloading???

aussiechick2006

Hi everyone,

This is probably a really daft question. But what exactly is frontloading an application and how do you go about it?

Were applying for a Spouse visa 309/100 for my husband as I'm Australian. We haven't sent off his app just yet as were still getting all of the into together. Were hoping to send off his police check this week and have already bookedin his medical for next week. I'm just worried that maybe we should have waited till we were asked fir this info, or is it ok to do this?

Just wondering where the medical results go if our app hasn't actually been sent (waiting for 888forms back from people in Oz). Do they get sent to us?

Sorry for such a daft question. I'm so new to this!

AC

Guest AndyH78

Frontloading is to submit your police clearance and medicals at the time of your application, rather than waiting for a case officer to request them.

The benefits being that once you have a case officer s/he should give an immediate visa grant assuming all the other information you provide is acceptable.

The downside being that you only have 12 months from the earlier of your police checks and medicals to validate your visa.

So if it takes longer than 12 months for a case officer to look at your file, then you will have to re do them.

At the current rate of processing, 12 months shouldn't be an issue, but as we all know too well with DIAC, they can change the rules at anytime......

Guest Guest31881

If you front load your Police and medicals, please remember that they are only valid for 12 months, and your date to enter Australia to validate the visa is 12 months from the date of medicals and police checks.

if you have medicals and police checks dated Nov 2011, you have until Nov 2012 to visit or move to Australia to validate your visa. if the Visa takes 9 months to issue, then you would only have 3 months to validate visas.

Frontloading is to submit your police clearance and medicals at the time of your application, rather than waiting for a case officer to request them.

The benefits being that once you have a case officer s/he should give an immediate visa grant assuming all the other information you provide is acceptable.

The downside being that you only have 12 months from the earlier of your police checks and medicals to validate your visa.

So if it takes longer than 12 months for a case officer to look at your file, then you will have to re do them.

At the current rate of processing, 12 months shouldn't be an issue, but as we all know too well with DIAC, they can change the rules at anytime......

Thanks for that. Let's hope the processing times don't start to drag! Moving over in less than 12mths is no problem. My husband has given his 12mths notice for work and as the house comes with the job it makes it a lot easier for leaving, as there's not a lot for us to have to sort out like selling/putting the house up for rent.

Let's hop that we can get all of the forms complete and sent in ASAP!

AC

Archived