we've only just begun

Guest Missy Ange

Guest Missy Ange

Hello all......... help !

am after some basic info really my husband and I have just started looking into a move to Oz. He is a police officer (just short of required service time) and I work for the Immigration Nationality Directorate in UK.

I have an uncle (and his family) permanantly settled in Qland and my husband has a sister(and her family) and 2 uncles, again all permanantly settled in Qland / ACT

Where are we best starting to get the ball rolling - immigration consultant? How have you found them?

Anybody qualified for settlement via the family sponsorship?

Many thanks to all responses.

Guest stephanielouise981

Hi,

I'm at the end of the process and have applied under desgnated/sponsored/skilled... in other words I'm moving to Victoria, using my husbands skills and my Mum is sponsoring us. I am a police officer (currently on career break though) and found that it earned me a big fat zero - points wize. My hubby works in IT so he passed the skills assesment.

We are using 4 corners emigration agency and have found them really good - expensive though. they are very professional, and we really had very little to do ourselves. They did everything for us.

HTH

Steph x

Guest Missiemo

Welcome Missy Ange

We did not use an agent, we did the paperwork ourseleves, we started off by contacting the government for the area we were interested in and asked them if they would sponsor us, which they did, we then contacted the TRA and got my husbands skills assessed, final step compeleting the visa.

Sorry can not tell you anything about family sponsorship, not lucky enough to have any in Oz , all emigrated to Canada, do damn cold for me.

Anyway all the luck to you.

Missiemo

Guest Missiemo

Hi Steph

Victoria is where we are heading next month, where are you up to in the process.

See you there

Missiemo

:D

Guest stephanielouise981

We're off to Point Cook in the Western suburbs.

We are right at the end of the process. We should get our pre-grant letter in the next few weeks. Once we have it we are outta here.

Where do you live at the moment?

Steph x

Guest Missiemo

Hi Steph

We are currently in Cambridgeshire, we have also been looking at Point Cook, looks wonderful, and the houses are cheap and huge.

Can't Wait, Bring it on

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Guest stephanielouise981

We're in East Yorkshire at the moment, and we cannot wait to leave. There are a few brits moving to Point Cook... We'll all have to get together when we get over there.

Steph x

Guest stephanielouise981

definitely... glug glug glug.

Are you going by yourself or with family?

Steph xxx

Guest stephanielouise981

Aw, three girls... so sweet. How old are they. They'll give your husband a hard time when they're teenagers - eek!

I've got a little boy, Adam, 15 months old.

Steph x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Missy Ange

Hi

thanks for the info ... I get the impression the agents are pretty useful !!

best wishes to you

Ange xx

:D:D

Guest Missiemo
Aw, three girls... so sweet. How old are they. They'll give your husband a hard time when they're teenagers - eek!

I've got a little boy, Adam, 15 months old.

Steph x

Hi Steph

Girls are two, nine and eleven, goods girls really can not moan, bet Adam is a sweetie, quite close to the age of my Katie.

x

Archived