mortgage mulltiples

jamesandsarah

Hi we are looking at emigrating but will need a mortgage to purchase our home, I am an electrician and Sarah is a Mental Health Nurse,

We have been told that jobs should not be hard to find we are flexible and willing to work.

We ideally would like a 4 bed property and looking at the prices a new build is approx 400K,

does anyone know how the mortgages are assessed? i.e income multiples or affordability?

we probably wont have a large deposit, due to the declining prices in the uk

any help would be much appreciatied:cool:

Mortgagees look at earnings and ability to pay. Ten percent is the usual deposit paid. Of course the more you can pay as a deposit the less the likelyhood of having to have mortgagee insurance. This is the insurance that protects the lender against any default and can be pricey.

Have a look at realestate.com.au it has a mortgage calculator on the first page which may give you some assistance.

Unless you have PR you may not be able to get a mortgage and may need FIRB permission to buy property. You will need a deposit of more than 10% so you don't have to pay for the lenders insurance. I had a lot of trouble getting a credit card before I got PR so a mortgage was definitely out of the question.

Archived