confused

Guest deb&paul

Guest deb&paul

I wonder if anyone could help. I am 16 coming 17 and i have just started studying 4 A levels at college; me and my family are hoping 2 move 2 Brisbane early next year and we are totally confused on what happens next... :arghh:

By the time we move 2 Oz i would have completed 3 As levels and i just wondered if these would count as anything over there like g.c.s.e's and where to go next?

Also... what qualifications would i need to become a primary school teacher... :cute:

Would be great to hear from anyone who knows

Laws :wubclub:

Hi

Think your A levels are the equivilent to High School Certificate (HSC). Please feel free to correct me if i am wrong anyone as i am not 100%.

Your Alevels should be enough to get you to uni here. I would contact the universities as to which A levels they will require. You can always go to TAFE here and do any extra they require.

Good luck

Guest deb&paul

hii thanks... i guessed that but im worrying now because i would have only completed 3 AS levels by the time i move out there as my A levels take 2 years to complete, what is the TAFE?

many thanks Laws x

TAFE stands for Technical and Further Education and are basically vocational and trades based colleges. They teach courses for streams not covered at University.

If you want to become a teacher, you would need to go to University. If you are turning 17 you should be in the last year of High School in Oz......I would expect A levels would be equivalent to the HSC - higher school certificate (VCE in Victoria, SACE in SA) essentially the highest level of secondary education available.

Your results in this would get you a Tertiary Entrance Score to get into University.

Guest deb&paul

Thanks for the quick reply... so would i be right in saying that my 3 as levels which i sit in January wont be enough to get into uni over in Oz? if soo where do i go next? :unsure:

Laws

I wouldn't be qualified to say one way or the other - I neither want to scare you or give you false hope.

What you should do is contact the University Entrance placement organisation in the state you are looking to settle in. In South Australia this is called SATAC, in Queensland QTAC, in Victoria VTAC, in NSW and ACT UAC.

Do a google.com.au search for Tertiary Admissions Centre - don't be surprised if they don't have the info you are looking for on their website......you might have to email/call them.

Good luck :yes:

I note you are thinking of moving to Qld, so try here QTAC - Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre

Ideally you want to try and get a HECS based position - these are Government funded positions and heavily subsidised. You may need to contact the Universities in QLD directly. Tell them you are moving here permanently and are doing the equivalent of Year 12 in Australia

Guest deb&paul

Thanks agen for the quick reply info is very helpful! The whole secondary education system is very confusing!!! Thanks for those links i shall look over them now and see if we can make any sense of them lol

Laws :wubclub:

Archived