IT Jobs

Guest Forfarians

Guest Forfarians

Hi, we have just completed our medicals and expect to be out in Oz for the New Year.

Does anyone know what IT jobs are like in Adelaide and details of any good agencies?

:unsure:

Guest BullcreekBob
Hi, we have just completed our medicals and expect to be out in Oz for the New Year.

Does anyone know what IT jobs are like in Adelaide and details of any good agencies?

:unsure:

G'day

IT is a pretty wide ranging job description. Could you give a clearer idea of what you might be looking for.

There are a number of things you should bear in mind:

1) Adelaide is pretty much in recession (which keeps house prices down ).

2) There are no decent sized companies based in Adelaide that would do any IT development. Most businesses in Adelaide are small branches of companies based in Sydney or Melbourne which is where all the IT action would be based.

Looking on SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site will give you a better idea on your chances.

Guest dannyboy

Hi ya,

I'm currently in Melbourne and been looking for Service Desk / Helpdesk Managers jobs, the market in Melbourne is very good for IT. I have been talking to agencies and one did say that outside of Melbourne and Syndey it's pretty much slower than in the main two cities. My advice is to look on Seek and when you have a clear idea of the date you will in the country then ring round some agencies to check out the market.

Good luck

Dan

Guest Forfarians

Hi, Melbourne may be an option as I have family there and may spend some time in the city when we first come out.

I am currently managing a Team of 12 Document Management Developers and responsible for 4 clients across Utilities and Oil & Gas - Service Delivery Manager.

My experience is in BI and Document Management - development and consultancy laterly.

Archived