Stressed

gilliantay

writing in red in the hope that I feel better by the time I am finished !!!:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Haven't been on for a while as I am currently on the dreaded 'night shift' and all I do is work and sleep. As you can see by this post, I am on a day (night) off but still on night shift time (everyone else is in bed sleeping and I am sitting by the computer)

You maybe aware that I sent off STNI on 23rd August................I am still waiting ?!?!?!

Give them their due, the form says that it could take up to 8 weeks. Well, it is now week 7 and I am slowly giving up all hope.

I have the main visa application form sitting with all the necessary documentation waiting for that little reference number to come emailing its way to me.

Please, someone tell me they also had to wait this long.

I guess what bothers me is the fact that I am 45 at the end of November (time is running out to have the visa application in Adelaide). I have to apply under the 475 as I only qualified as a Registered Nurse in December last year and do not have the 12 months experience. Although I qualified as an Enrolled Nurse in the 1980's, this is not taken into consideration.

Waiting for confirmation of registration with Nursing Board of Victoria (knowing my luck this will take forever also). If this comes through first, I will just bite the bullet and start applying for jobs.

Feeling slightly better now - sorry for moaning.

Hopefully that elusive email will be in my inbox when I waken up ??????:skeptical:

Deep breath, calm thoughts!!!

I'm sure its on its way, it will probably arrive exactly 8 weeks from when you sent it!! Is there anyway you can start the process without it and add it in a bit later on??

I dont know anything about the 457 sorry.

I have my fingers crossed for you..............and my eyes!!(i now look a bit silly though:goofy:)

good luck

hays

Guest maxxangel

Please don't give up all hope! If you don't hear anything back after week 8 start nagging. :realmad: I can see why you're on edge though, November isn't that far off now. I wish you the best of luck though and hope you will keep us informed. Hopefully it will be with good news and soon.

Cara

Guest Ruby Okim

Don't worry, our STNI application took exactly 8 weeks to come back - actually, it arrived on our 3rd year wedding anniversary, which was a great present!:cute:

Archived