Rsms 857

Tillytali

Hi all,

I have been searching the site for a while now, and found that everyone here is very helpful, and I am in need of some of that help right now!

My fiance is applying for the RSMS 857. We are both in Australia on working holiday visas - and my partner is already working for the company that are sponsoring his application.

Essentially, what we are trying to get confirmation on, is whether to include my details on the forms at this point - considering that we are yet to be married (October). We really need to get the application process moving quickly, and don't want to wait until after this time to apply.

I understand that the employer nominates the position and gets it certified etc. but there is a section on the form regarding the employees' partner. Must/can/should they include my details, even though we are not yet married....? We are thinking of adding me once the application has been lodged, as I believe this is possible, at no extra cost?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense! But any help and advice would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

How long have you been living together? You should be included on the forms as his DeFacto partner (You will have to submit evidence that you are DeFacto and have been living together at the same address), and then forward the wedding certificate on to DIAC when it happens.

If you are not included now, and the visa gets granted before you get married, you'd then have the extra faff, waiting and application charge of applying for a separate partner visa, and would have to wait a further two years for PR if you've been living together for less than three years at the time of application.

Well, he got here at the end of March, and i moved in at the beginning of June as I was still undertaking a college course. Back in the UK, we didn't live together - money being the reason! Do you think that would cause issues?

Archived