45 years old coming to oz,i hope

Guest jazzajim

Guest jazzajim

Hi everyone

i am 45 years old and i have been offered a job in the mines (flyin..flyout ) from perth

i have 2 friends out there that i used to work with ,both are in senior manager positions,i do not want to upsticks with my family to start with but only wish to go myself for the first year anyway,wife will come out on holiday but then go home,i have a trade (joiner) and also operate large plant,,,,what there crying out for in the mines ,,,,I can get conformation from the mine company that there is a job here from me,and i have a choice of 2 addresses to stay at ......where do i start to get myself out there,both my friends were sponsored and taken out by the company ,family ,container the lot ,but im afraid i have to do it myself

Thanks in advance Jim

Guest siamsusie

Hi JazzaJim,

Welcome to Poms In Oz.

So you have a confirmed job, but do you have a visa please?

If not, then you will have to obtain a visa first.

Susie x

Guest jazzajim

afraid no idea of which visa to apply for ,and how to go about getting it ,where do i start ????and does it matter that i dont really want to emigrate ,to be honest ,i would like to work there for maybe 3 years and then just come home,is this possible,considering i will be working in the mines in the middle of nowhere for 4 weeks at a time ,,,i wouldnt expect to bring my wife out and then leave her in a strange city herself,

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to the forum, no matter how long you want to stay for if you are working you need a visa. It may be worth having a chat with an agent.

Archived