How many applicants are in category 4?

Guest garynhelen

Guest garynhelen

I don't suppose anyone can answer this, but as cat. 5 er (176 family sponsored june 2009):skeptical:

I am curious as to how many are in front of us, and therefore how long our wait is likely to be?

Probably a stupid question, but if I can see how big the queue, is, and where we are in it, I'd feel a lot better!!

Thanks

Guest becca0114

I have friends in a similar situations and its one of those how long is a piece of string questions. The way forward is to get an employer sponsored visa or State/regional sponsored visa and you will be given a timescale. Hope you get sorted soon

Guest garynhelen

Thanks, I have seen that page before. It basically tells us, if I'm reading it right, that there's a years worth of applicants in cat. 4 to be processed before they'll look at ours. But there's always going to be new applications coming in all the time!.

Thanks, I have seen that page before. It basically tells us, if I'm reading it right, that there's a years worth of applicants in cat. 4 to be processed before they'll look at ours. But there's always going to be new applications coming in all the time!.

Hi garynhelen,

Their is a 12 month back log of new cat 4 to be processed, at the moment we are not seeing much movement with cat 4 but I think that is because they are dealing with those that were put back on the SOL on the 1st July, other members have contacted DIAC that have been put back on the SOL to find out how long it will take to clear those and they have co0me back saying that those should have CO within 6 weeks, I think once those that were put back on the SOL and all have a CO things should start to move at speed just like it was before 1st July.

They will get to cat 5 as their aren't as many new cat 4 as their use to be also remember its harder to lodge a visa.

Archived