Newbie Help!!

Guest Gr1ffiths

Guest Gr1ffiths

Hi

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong thread.

Myself and the wife have discussed moving to OZ for a better life.

I hope some of you can help with a few questions.

My wife is a primary school teacher with special needs qualifications so we are hoping to get in with her occupation. We are both 36 yrs old and have 2 young children.

How long on average does the process to obtain visas take from 1st applying? (I have read various threads some say 3+ years and others have said 1 year)

How much on average does a migration agent charge to get us the necessary visas?

Could any members recommend a migration agent?

How much on average is a reasonable amount of money to earn to per year for a decent standard of living. (I know this will depend on location) but lets say for an average 3 bed house in a decent area.

We have done a points test and it says that we have enough points to proceed, So what is the next step... Is it to approach a migration agent and discuss options with them.

Sorry for all the questions but hopefully you may be able to answer some of them.

Regards

Leighton and Dee

Guest Pixie10

Hello!

Well as you can see from my signature below Im a primary teacher and main applicant.

We didnt front load our application (get medicals and police checks done before applying) and as you can see we got our visa through very quickly!

Which visa are you going for 175 176?? I would say check out threads like May/june visa lodged and look at peoples timeline- visas are flying out- few months tops.

As for a migration agent cant help we didnt bother just filled in the forms ourselves and saved ££££- something to consider. Although you can email agents such as Go Matilda and get a quote for your circumstances.

First step is to get a skills assessment (check on SOL to see which organisation mine was AITSL- just google for website and download a form) I needed uni transcripts for mine, sure you will too so you could apply for them now- ask for a letter from uni stating how many days you did for teaching practice you will need this a few times through the process!

Next step do IELTS (if needed)

Sounds like you are going for 175 visa so your next step would be to gather references and payslips etc and fill in visa app!

Its a lot of paper work but will all be worth it! (I would start getting references and payslips from previous years together asap)

As for wages and places sorry cant help we are South Australia sponsored so its Adelaide for us :biggrin:

Good luck and ask anything

Helenx

Guest Gr1ffiths
Hello!

Well as you can see from my signature below Im a primary teacher and main applicant.

We didnt front load our application (get medicals and police checks done before applying) and as you can see we got our visa through very quickly!

Which visa are you going for 175 176?? I would say check out threads like May/june visa lodged and look at peoples timeline- visas are flying out- few months tops.

As for a migration agent cant help we didnt bother just filled in the forms ourselves and saved ££££- something to consider. Although you can email agents such as Go Matilda and get a quote for your circumstances.

First step is to get a skills assessment (check on SOL to see which organisation mine was AITSL- just google for website and download a form) I needed uni transcripts for mine, sure you will too so you could apply for them now- ask for a letter from uni stating how many days you did for teaching practice you will need this a few times through the process!

Next step do IELTS (if needed)

Sounds like you are going for 175 visa so your next step would be to gather references and payslips etc and fill in visa app!

Its a lot of paper work but will all be worth it! (I would start getting references and payslips from previous years together asap)

As for wages and places sorry cant help we are South Australia sponsored so its Adelaide for us :biggrin:

Good luck and ask anything

Helenx

Hi Helen

Thanks for that information, very helpful. Can I please ask how long you have been teaching, is it necessary to get uni to confirm number of days school experience when I have been teaching for 10 years now? (sorry if that's a silly question!)

Also, I have just left a school after being there 8 years so will definitely get a reference from them but would a reference from my first school 10 years ago be useful or not?

Finally, how many years of payslips do they require?

Can I also ask about your sponsorship, did you need to be sponsored, as the online assessment states that we could get a 175 (that does not require a sponsorship does it?) If it does, how do you go about getting a sponsor?

Sorry to bombard with questions!

Thanks again

Dee :goofy:

Archived