reclaiming UK Income Tax

Guest TK1982

Guest TK1982

Hi there, I am due to move to Sydney in just under 4 weeks. I am due to finish at my current job in the UK in 2 weeks where I will receive my P45 which I can submit with another form P80!?! to get my tax refund. Does anyone know how long this takes? From discussions its seems like they can pay this into your account within 4 weeks (provided they have all the details).

Thanks

Guest boyllba
Hi there, I am due to move to Sydney in just under 4 weeks. I am due to finish at my current job in the UK in 2 weeks where I will receive my P45 which I can submit with another form P80!?! to get my tax refund. Does anyone know how long this takes? From discussions its seems like they can pay this into your account within 4 weeks (provided they have all the details).

Thanks

i would like to know the answer to your question and look forward to your replies.

Guest TK1982

Thanks. Yeh I have that form (sorry forgot the name) however, it would be great money wise if it's paid within a month of submission.

Thanks for your help though

Guest Guest31881

It took about 12 weeks for mine to come through, it seems to be the luck of the draw as some say one month and others six months.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest emmagc1974

Hey there, hope you are hearing some news from the Tax office by now! I left the UK on the 1st August 2011 meaning i had only worked 4 months of the 2011/2012 tax year, however i have paid a huge amount of tax in that four months, does anyone know if I would get it all back ? Very confused......:confused:

Archived