New to poms in oz

ruthy

Hello everyone

New member here. I've been a long time reader but this is my first post My husband and I are hoping to go to QLD. It's good reading about others experiences of the migration process. I feel like I'm not alone:biggrin:

Guest sh7t man no way

welcome ruthy--there's a Queensland section on pio--this may help you:wubclub: don't be afraid to ask any questions--there heaps of advice on here--enjoy

Guest familypayne

Hi I'm new on this site. Ive emigrated in 2012 and live in a south eastern suburb of Brisbane. Any advice please ask! Cathy

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi I'm new on this site. Ive emigrated in 2012 and live in a south eastern suburb of Brisbane. Any advice please ask! Cathy

Hi Cathy welcome to the forum.

Guest liltman

Hi Cathy, emigrated in 2012.... whats it like in the future...lol.. :biggrin:. Sorry had to... :hug:. Where abouts are you please if you don't mind.. Be heading for that sort of area soon and was looking at around Coomera as its close to all the parks etc.. and not to bad a commute to Brisbane where i'll be working.. :biggrin:

Guest familypayne

Hi.

We live in Victoria Point, near to Cleveland an area classed as Bayside, Brisbane part of the Redlands City Council. We live very close to water, however here we have water and mangroves and still bay waterd not rolling Gold Coast waves and beaches. We have passes for the parks and from here it takes 35 minutes to Coomera and about 25 minutes to the city, Southbank etc on a weekend. The benefits living further up the coast is you're close enough to the likes of Southport, the spit beach for dog walking etc, parks. Close enough to the city and just 1 hour to the sunshine Coast north from here. Coomera is more built up, busy and the start if the tourist trap which we certainly don't have here. We moved from Staines (busy, busy) are glad of the quiet. We also have Stradbroke Island by 50 min ferry from Cleveland ($50 for tge day if you leave at 6/7am) just 10 mins on our doorstep and a aged barge that takes you to coochiemudlo island for the day too. Good luck. Have a look around. We arrived here and unless we move back to the UK which is in my mind, we will stay here in the Redlands.

Guest familypayne

Thanks for the welcome....

My quote should of said:

Emigrated Feb 2008, not sure where 2012 came from. :goofy:

Hello again

Thank you to everyone for being so welcoming. It certainly is a mine of information here. A little about me, I'm a nurse going for PR 176 visa. we started the process abut last april 2010. I got my positive skills assessment( took ages to get all the documentation together). Managed to pass my IELTS. We sent off sponsorship to QLD only for it to be sent back with the dreaded message thaty I had to register with Ahpra FIRST.

Hello everyone

New member here. I've been a long time reader but this is my first post My husband and I are hoping to go to QLD. It's good reading about others experiences of the migration process. I feel like I'm not alone:biggrin:

Hi Ruthy and welcome - when are you hoping to move out?

Sorry, hit the send button too quick, Going from my last post, trying to get registered with AHPRA was the worst part of the process to date. It took just over four months holding up everything. I got it eventually and now we are waiting to hear from QLD for state sponsorship. So fingers crossed. I'm still fairly mellow :smile:

Sorry, hit the send button too quick, Going from my last post, trying to get registered with AHPRA was the worst part of the process to date. It took just over four months holding up everything. I got it eventually and now we are waiting to hear from QLD for state sponsorship. So fingers crossed. I'm still fairly mellow :smile:

No worries :biggrin: Hopefully that's the hard bit out of the way! I think that they process the state sponsorship fairly quickly so shouldn't be too long for you.

Hi Sherbetdip

You were right about the state sponsorship. We got QLD sponsorship woohoo. Now we just have to get the actual visa application sent off. I was on a high but there is alway something that brings you back to earth. Feeling positive but ever so slightly stressed

Ruth

Guest whitbread32

We are moving to Brisbane next August and could really do with some advise on where to live. We have a 10 year old boy who is sports mad and will be looking for a area with good schools. I have been looking around and liked the look of Alexandra Hills or Holland park. Also i am a constuction site manager, is there plenty of work at the moment.

Guest Charlie Big Potatos

Hi Ruthy, i'm also new here but I already feel like one of the family. It's a great site and i'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

Guest Charlie Big Potatos
Hi Charlie

That's very true. I always come here and it certainly feel welcome and always get a boost from everyone else. Where are you emigrating to?

ruth

I'm all emigrated out (for now anyway) but I had a few years in Australia and now back in the UK so I will be mostly helping out and giving my views on the "moving back to the UK" forum.

Its great that there are web sites like this where we can all get along and help each other.

Hi Sherbetdip

You were right about the state sponsorship. We got QLD sponsorship woohoo. Now we just have to get the actual visa application sent off. I was on a high but there is alway something that brings you back to earth. Feeling positive but ever so slightly stressed

Ruth

Hi Ruthy that's great news! I'm sure your visa won't take long to come through - the state sponsored come through really quickly! Which part of Qld are you hoping to settle in? Have you been before?

Carla

Hi Carla (sherbet)

Thanks, I'm delighted about the SS. It's one step closer. We're hoping to go to Cairns. We were there in 2009 and I loved it. We had 3 weeks and it just felt like the place we wanted to be. However, it does depend on work so we are flexible but definitely QLD. I see you're off to the gold coast. It looks gorgeous. Have you been before? When are you hoping to go?

Ruth :em3600:

Hi Carla (sherbet)

Thanks, I'm delighted about the SS. It's one step closer. We're hoping to go to Cairns. We were there in 2009 and I loved it. We had 3 weeks and it just felt like the place we wanted to be. However, it does depend on work so we are flexible but definitely QLD. I see you're off to the gold coast. It looks gorgeous. Have you been before? When are you hoping to go?

Ruth :em3600:

Hi Ruth

Cairns is lovely (from what I hear!) We are going somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast - depending on hubby's work. We don't want him having a long commute.

We went out there last year for a reccie and spent 7 weeks out there (two weeks were courtesy of the volcanic ash!) We looked at Perth, Sydney and Queensland. We loved the lush greeness of Qld and the beautiful beaches. Have you been before? Or just taking a chance?

We have got our visa and we are just waiting for our house to sell so hopefully asap :biggrin: How about you guys?

Hi all,

Im new to this forum and I was reading some posts and it was very informative. we wanted to move to Australia(Adelaide) as my son works there. so looking for options. I have few questions and I will post next time.

Archived