First accommdation for New Arrivals

silencio

Hello members,

yesterday we got our golden ticket. Now I would like to ask if someone could advise me and my hubby where we could live for a short stay after our arrival in Adelaide? What would you recommend, a fully furnished appartement or a hostel? I've checked the prices of fully furnished flats, they seem pretty expensive!!!

Thanks for advice.

Have a nice weekend, Rabeah

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi, Go on the sister site for Adelaide ( find it at the bottom of this page) as they will have accommodation ideas there.

Julie x

Hello members,

yesterday we got our golden ticket. Now I would like to ask if someone could advise me and my hubby where we could live for a short stay after our arrival in Adelaide? What would you recommend, a fully furnished appartement or a hostel? I've checked the prices of fully furnished flats, they seem pretty expensive!!!

Thanks for advice.

Have a nice weekend, Rabeah

Not exactly an answer to your question but as an Adelaide girl I'd say it's a lot more common to rent houses out unfurnished rather than furnished, which may help explain why you feel it's so expensive. I think a lot of the furnished accommodation available tends to be close to the city too, rather than out in the suburbs. But you might be able to find some serviced apartments, not sure how expensive they are.

Also depends how long you want the temporary accommodation for. When I made the move from Aus to UK a few years ago I stayed in a hostel for the first week or two. It was cheap (ish) and gave me time to check out the rental market once I got here. But you don't get much space to yourself so it's not ideal for more than a couple of weeks I'd say.

Then again, I would have thought hostels would mostly be in town, whereas you might find some nice serviced accommodation in the suburbs (especially along the coast) to give you a feel of some potential places to live.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble so much!

Archived