Is 5 points worth 3500 AUD??????????

Guest cholly

Guest cholly

Could anyone please share from experiance if the more points you have the better it is.

My OH will be down as the main applicant for a 175 or 176.

The main question is that to get my skills assessed costs 3500 AUD, is this worth the money for 5 points when we are sitting on 70 points for 175 or 80 points for 176

Guest Guest 47403
Could anyone please share from experiance if the more points you have the better it is.

The main question is that to get my skills assessed costs 3500 AUD, is this worth the money for 5 points when we are sitting on 70 points for 175 or 80 points for 176

No as long as you hit 65 it makes no difference at all you won't get processed any faster, the only time it will help is after next July when you have to apply by an expression of interest like the NZ system.

Ouch! What profession's skills assessment costs A$3500? Mine was in the 500 range.

As long as you hit the 65 point pass mark, you're good. You don't get processed faster if you have a higher point total, or anything like that.

Guest cholly
Ouch! What profession's skills assessment costs A$3500? Mine was in the 500 range.

As long as you hit the 65 point pass mark, you're good. You don't get processed faster if you have a higher point total, or anything like that.

Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. Only place i can find to do it is Vic uni and thats the price quoted.

was a bit gob smacked myself when i saw it

Wow, thats alot of money for a skills assessment. I assume your OH had his skills assessed? If so, I dont think its worth it for the purposes of migration - maybe you could get your skills assessed afterwards or get a certificate of some sort - Im not sure of the position on this as I am not an engineer.

If you are concerned about the speed of processing, you'll be in a better position with the 176 SS, as I hear that they are being processed much more quickly. Check out some of the other posts here.

Maybe this post will help you if you havent already seen it: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/108893-aircraft-maintenance-engineers-tra-victoria-university-skills-assessment.html

• 2 weeks later...