shipping harley-davidson

How's it going guys, looking to ship my 06 Harley Davidson from ireland to canberra, is there anything I should be aware of with regards specifications between european and australian set up on bikes also what's the insurance like, full licence with ten years incident free biking.

How's it going guys, looking to ship my 06 Harley Davidson from ireland to canberra, is there anything I should be aware of with regards specifications between european and australian set up on bikes also what's the insurance like, full licence with ten years incident free biking.

The specs/emissions etc are probably all the same so no worries there. If the bike hasn't really been modified, then it should pass compliance easily.

If it has been modified, do you still have the old parts/pipes etc? Put them on, get it through complaince, then put them back on :wink:

I use Swann insurance and they are excellent value. Shannons tends to be a good option as well, but there are heaps out there. Shop around and compare. I had a write off claim 3 years ago here, and my premium actually went down with Swann last year :wacko:

One thing worth thinking about, your lid (if you are bringing one or more) will not officially be legal over here. It needs an Australian standards sticker on it. You might get pulled on it by the boys in blue (very rare) and can be fined, and it "might" have complications if you have an accident, but I have researched the point and have first hand experience, and as far as I can see an insurance company cannot refure a claim because a helmet is "illegal". Many people use their "safe" but "illegal" lides over here, but you need to know the possible consequenses.

have a chat with these guys maybe : http://www.anglopacific.co.uk/motorbike_shipping.htm

good luck & safe riding.

Archived