IT Competency Demonstration Report (CDR)

Guest shampoo

Guest shampoo

Hi all,

I'm from Tunisia and I hold an engineering degree in IT. I went through the ACS assessment but got a negative one... It seems they didn't recognize my degree as a bachelor degree or more.... thought I've sent them all my degrees certificate, transcripts, description of my courses and the study plan signed by my uni. I also get a paper signed by my uni describing the educational system in Tunisia which is the same as in France...

I wasn't expecting such a decision since I already received 3 masters offers from Australian universities including RMIT.

I think also the translation of my degree (Diplome nationale d'ingénieur en Informatique) to National engineering degree in IT didn't make any sense for them...

Now that I'm wondering if I shouldn't have applied for Engineers Australia instead and went for a CDR??

In total I have studied 5 years and a half post secondary school.. and I hold 3 years experience as engineer... to get an engineer degree in Tunisia, you have to go through what we call a first cycle that lasts 2 to 3 years and you can get a technician degree.. only after that first cycle you can apply for engineering classes that lasts 3 years... so for me, I hold a first degree as a higher technician (2.5years) and then my engineer degree (3 years)...

As far as I've looked I only found civil/mechanical engineers posts about CDR.. so am starting to wonder if I can also apply as an IT engineer...

Please don't hesitate to share your experience or give me advice.. am kinda getting desperate of all this...

Thanks !