Enough Savings to head back

Guest Deej2010

Guest Deej2010

Hi There everyone, first timer on the forum.

My UK wife is pregnant and due in Nov 2011 and wants to head back to be with the family when we have the baby in Feb 2012. I am really excited to relocate with her and think it is a great idea. I have qualifications in Aus that have been certified to NVQ level 3 in a couple of areas of work. We have been together 3 years and married exactly 1 year! My question is, (and i hope i dont get in trouble for posting this in this area) do you think 10000 pounds would be enough savings for the visa application for settlement especially with having a baby? We have a letter from her father stating we can stay with him for as long as we want, he is well off with a good job and is paying off a mortgage comfortably by himself. I am stressing out big time as i dont want to ruin our chances of going back and spoiling it for my wife. I know it most probably goes on case by case basis as i have read but just from peoples experience, do you think this would hopefully be enough. Cheers everyone. Deej

Guest siamsusie
Hi There everyone, first timer on the forum.

My UK wife is pregnant and due in Nov 2011 and wants to head back to be with the family when we have the baby in Feb 2012. I am really excited to relocate with her and think it is a great idea. I have qualifications in Aus that have been certified to NVQ level 3 in a couple of areas of work. We have been together 3 years and married exactly 1 year! My question is, (and i hope i dont get in trouble for posting this in this area) do you think 10000 pounds would be enough savings for the visa application for settlement especially with having a baby? We have a letter from her father stating we can stay with him for as long as we want, he is well off with a good job and is paying off a mortgage comfortably by himself. I am stressing out big time as i dont want to ruin our chances of going back and spoiling it for my wife. I know it most probably goes on case by case basis as i have read but just from peoples experience, do you think this would hopefully be enough. Cheers everyone. Deej

Welcome to Poms In Oz Deej,

Congratulations on the pending birth of your wee one.:jiggy:.

I am sure some of our members can help you on your query.

There is a thread somewhere on Australians requiring UK settlement visas, I will see if I can dig it out.. certainly it gives the time frames and someone should point you in the right direction.

Best wishes

Susie

NB Enclosing UK Settlement thread link http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/moving-back-uk/88920-uk-spouse-settlement-visa.html

Guest Deej2010

Thanks Susie

Much appreciated, very stressfull getting things together and worrying about things.

Thanks again

Deej

Archived