anyone on the central coast?

judyq

HI all, wonder if i could pick a few of your huge brains!! House is on the market and its all happening but we are still not sure where to go! Perth is our main choice at present but I used to live in Sydney and really feel would like to live in new south wales. The central coast looks reasonable property wise but was wondering what the job situation was like? Are there any big towns or areas that anyone can recommend? My other half is currently working in fire control and i am a nurse. Any insight would be great , thanks

Guest siamsusie
HI all, wonder if i could pick a few of your huge brains!! House is on the market and its all happening but we are still not sure where to go! Perth is our main choice at present but I used to live in Sydney and really feel would like to live in new south wales. The central coast looks reasonable property wise but was wondering what the job situation was like? Are there any big towns or areas that anyone can recommend? My other half is currently working in fire control and i am a nurse. Any insight would be great , thanks

Hi Judy,

I have a good friend in NSW who is a nurse who has just moved to NSW and loving it.

Why not pose a few questions also under the NSW thread and see what replies you receive.

Good luck with your decision.

Susie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tartandavid

Lived on the Central Coast for three years on arriving. Good for work in Sydney but crap for children, schools and deeply xenophobic. They hate anyone without an Australian accent. I never received racism until I lived on the Central Coast.

Now in Newcastle and loving it.

Guest AussieMarriedPomPlusTwo

I just read a post somewhere on here about a family in Terrigal and they are lovely it. I would highly recommend Wyoming near Gosford. Very family friendly, good schools, not too far from sea/bush and city. The house prices are much much lower than say Canberra. I know that there is a shortage of trades in NSW as everyone is going off to the mines. A welder would do well!

Guest tartandavid
I just read a post somewhere on here about a family in Terrigal and they are lovely it. I would highly recommend Wyoming near Gosford. Very family friendly, good schools, not too far from sea/bush and city. The house prices are much much lower than say Canberra. I know that there is a shortage of trades in NSW as everyone is going off to the mines. A welder would do well!

Yup lived in Wyoming. Schools are not good.

Archived