Primary/Secondary ages

deanthebrickie

Sorry if this question is already on this bit. I did look through but couldn't find a proper answer.

We're off to Victoria and have two children 8 and 10 (UK years 4 and 6). What year will the eldest go into, will it be the final year of primary, year 6 or will it be year 5. She has a summer birthday and I know the school years seem to go from Jan to Dec and not like our Sept to Aug.

Anybody with an answer please help would be luvly.

Guest yvonne & paul

Hi

Ours have just started on the sunshine coast and had just finished year 4 and year 6 in July. They have started here in year 4 and 6 again only for a few months until December when the new Year ie year 5 and year 7 begin here. Year 7 is still primary and so although joe would have gone up to secondary in England he will not go up to High school at the end of year 7.

You need to check your state though as i know that this is for Queensland , Victoria may be different.

The schools are very flexible and if you wanted them to redo or jump a year they would be happy as long as your child is in the right level for them.

Hope this helps

yvonne

Sorry if this question is already on this bit. I did look through but couldn't find a proper answer.

We're off to Victoria and have two children 8 and 10 (UK years 4 and 6). What year will the eldest go into, will it be the final year of primary, year 6 or will it be year 5. She has a summer birthday and I know the school years seem to go from Jan to Dec and not like our Sept to Aug.

Anybody with an answer please help would be luvly.

Archived