What age for primary?

mandmick

Hi

My daughter is 5 in Dec. She is currently in Reception in Dubai.

I've heard the school age is 5 in OZ.. is this 5 by the start of school year, ie Dec. Or once she's turned 5 in Dec she'll enter.

Thinking of going to OZ after Xmas this year but wondering if she'll go into nursery or school.

Thanks

Guest Liz and Paul

Hi,

We are moving to Queensland and to be eligible to start Year 1 in January 2008 the child has to have turned 5 before 30th June 2007 - our son turned 5 just before then, if they are 5 after this date they would start in Pre-school in Jan 08. You may want to check with the Education Dept of the State you're travelling to, in case its different elsewhere.

Liz

Hi

It all depends on when there birthday is, as in the UK.

We're going to WA - I found the information on The Department of Education and Training then search for 'School Age Calculator' under the 'Early Childhood Education' section.

Don't know whether the same rules apply in other states though.

Hope this helps a little,

Jo

Hi

It all depends on when there birthday is, as in the UK.

We're going to WA - I found the information on The Department of Education and Training then search for 'School Age Calculator' under the 'Early Childhood Education' section.

Don't know whether the same rules apply in other states though.

Hope this helps a little,

Jo

Hi

me again - sorry used the wrong 'there' - I meant 'their' - isn't it annoying when people do that!!! - just my little pet-hate - sorry just had to correct myself. Trying to oversee bathtime whilst doing this at the same time - that's my excuse!!

Jo

Archived